- the construction of contour lines through a matrix of points each having a known value of some variable
- a technique in makeup using blush and bronzing powder to define contours on the face
- 2015 April 29, Kathleen Hou, “Why French Women Don’t Contour”, in The Cut, New York, U.S.A.: Vox Media, retrieved July 2, 2020:
- Contouring is not our thing because the main beauty philosophy in France is to accept who you are.
- the building up of muscles with exercise
- walking along contour lines, usually to save energy or simplify navigation
- 2020 July 2 (last accessed) “Advanced guide to reading contours and relief”, in Map reading, Ordnance Survey:
- If you are going to be walking in mountainous or rough terrain it is often a good idea to plan a route following contour lines. This is called ‘contouring’.