- powdre (obsolete)
- The fine particles to which any dry substance is reduced by pounding, grinding, or triturating, or into which it falls by decay; dust.
- An explosive mixture used in gunnery, blasting, etc.; gunpowder.
- (informal) Light, dry, fluffy snow.
Terms derived from powder (noun)
gunpowder — see gunpowder
- (transitive) To reduce to fine particles; to pound, grind, or rub into a powder.
- (transitive) To sprinkle with powder, or as with powder.
- to powder the hair
- (intransitive) To be reduced to powder; to become like powder.
- Some salts powder easily.
- (intransitive) To use powder on the hair or skin.
- She paints and powders.
- (transitive) To sprinkle with salt; to corn, as meat.
to reduce to fine particles
to sprinkle with powder
to be reduced to powder
to use powder on the hair or skin
Read in another language
This page is available in 32 languages