- In a crude manner.
- 1930, Norman Lindsay, Redheap, Sydney: Ure Smith, published 1965, page 159:
- Her features had been crudely handsome, too, like Millie's, but booze had splodged their outlines.
- 1963, Margery Allingham, chapter 3, in The China Governess:
- Sepia Delft tiles surrounded the fireplace, their crudely drawn Biblical scenes in faded cyclamen blending with the pinkish pine, while above them, instead of a mantelshelf, there was an archway high enough to form a balcony with slender balusters and a tapestry-hung wall behind.
- 2016 February 6, "Israel’s prickliness blocks the long quest for peace," The National (retrieved 8 February 2016):
- Mr Netanyahu also called Mr Shapiro’s observations “unacceptable”. The ambassador too was accused of demonstrating a “double standard” and was crudely dismissed by a former Mr Netanyahu aide as a “little Jew boy” courting favour.