cum laude (not comparable)
- With praise; an honor added to a diploma or degree for work that is above average.
In the USA, there are three honors often added to diplomas and degrees, and two others less commonly used.
- cum laude -- with honor
- magna cum laude -- with great honor
- maxima cum laude -- with maximal praise; rare; intended to be higher than magna cum laude but lower than summa cum laude
- summa cum laude -- with highest honor
- egregia cum laude -- with outstanding honor; less common; intended to be higher than summa cum laude in spite of summa meaning highest.