From Middle English curiusly, curyously, curiosly, curiouseliche, curyouslyche, equivalent to curious + -ly.
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkjɝi.əsli/, /ˈkjʊɹi.əsli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkjʊəɹi.əsli/, /ˈkjɔːɹi.əsli/
- Hyphenation: cu‧ri‧ous‧ly
curiously (comparative more curiously, superlative most curiously)
- In a curious manner; with curiosity; inquisitively.
- The children peeped curiously into the attic room.
- Oddly; in a strange or unexpected way.
- Curiously, when I arrived home, the front door was standing ajar.