See also: désolation
- The act of desolating or laying waste; destruction of inhabitants; depopulation.
- The state of being desolated or laid waste
- 1611, The Holy Bible, […] (King James Version), London: […] Robert Barker, […], OCLC 964384981, Proverbs 1:26–27:
- I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
- A place or country wasted and forsaken.
act of desolating or laying waste
state of being desolated or laid waste
place or country wasted and forsaken
desolation f (plural desolations)