- Cut off, or separated.
- 1992, Rudolf M[athias] Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, New York, N.Y.: Columbia University Press, →ISBN, page ix:
- It is also pertinent to note that the current obvious decline in work on holarctic hepatics most surely reflects a current obsession with cataloging and with nomenclature of the organisms—as divorced from their study as living entities.
- (of a marriage) Legally dissolved.
- It is a sad fact that 43% of marriages are now divorced.
- (of persons formerly married) Having had one's marriage legally dissolved.
- Mark's parents are divorced.
having had one's marriage legally dissolved
- simple past tense and past participle of