- To babysit for (take care of) a dog.
- 2003, Julia DeVillers, True teamwork:
- Our new neighbor down the street asked me to ask you if you want to dogsit for her when she is on vacation?
- 2012, Ann M. Martin, Because of Shoe and Other Dog Stories, page 51:
- And when he took Shoe for a run, Mom and I would dogsit Lucky.
- 2016, Coco Simon, Emma Raining Cats and Dogs . . . and Cupcakes!, page 23:
- It was Wednesday after school, and Jake made it clear that he wanted to dogsit Tiki and Milkshake.
take care of a dog