dogsitter (plural dogsitters)
- One who acts as babysitter for a dog in the owner's absence.
- 1997, Karla S. Rugh, Miniature Schnauzers:
- In some towns, you can hire a professional dogsitter to come to your home...
- 2009, James Endredy, Shamanism for Beginners: Walking with the World's Healers of Earth and Sky:
- I have had multiple dogsitters report to me that after many hours or days of being away from home, my dog would begin to act differently...
one who takes care of dogs when the owner is absent