empowerment (plural empowerments)
- The achievement of political, social or economic power by an individual or group.
- 2017, Di Zou; James Lambert, “Feedback methods for student voice in the digital age”, in British Journal of Educational Technology, volume 48, number 5, page 1087:
- Hence, the anonymity that digital technological tools can provide ultimately leads to empowerment of student opinion and input.
- The process of supporting another person or persons to discover and claim personal power.
- The state of being empowered (either generally, or specifically).
- (South Africa) Government programs encouraging advancement of blacks.
granting of power
state of being empowered
empowerment m (invariable)