- Of, relating to, or being the person or entity after which something or someone is named; serving as an eponym.
- 2008, Nicholas Drayson, A Guide to the Birds of East Africa, page 24:
- Hadadas roost in numbers among the trees in the leafier parts of Nairobi and their eponymous call is one of the more insistent elements of the dawn chorus in that part of the world, though they may be heard at any time of the day.
- Robinson Crusoe is the eponymous hero of the book.
- Prince Hamlet is the eponymous protagonist of the Shakespearian tragedy Hamlet.
- The language Limburgish is named after the eponymous provinces in Belgium and the Netherlands.
relating to the person after which something is named
- “eponymous” in Merriam–Webster Online Dictionary.