- The act of demanding with authority, and compelling to pay or yield; compulsion to give or furnish; a levying by force
- the exaction to tribute or of obedience
- That which is exacted; a severe tribute; a fee, reward, or contribution, demanded or levied with severity or injustice.
that which is exacted
a severe tribute
a fee, reward, or contribution, demanded or levied with severity or injustice
- exaction in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- exaction in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
exaction f (plural exactions)
- “exaction” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- Alternative form of