explanation (plural explanations)
- The act or process of explaining.
- The explanation was long and drawn-out.
- Something that explains, makes understandable.
- An explanation for each UFO sighting was easily found.
- (euphemistic) An excuse, apologetic justification not based on enough evidence.
- (act or process of explaining): clarification; elucidation; elaboration; explaining; mansplaining, mansplanation (pej., particularly by a man to a woman)
the act or process of explaining
something that explains
euphemism for excuse
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked