facing (not comparable)
- Positioned so as to face (in a particular direction)
- Of an article in one page opening: (Concluded on facing page)
- Of an article in one page opening:
- (rail transport, of points and crossovers) Diverging in the direction of travel.
facing (plural facings)
- The most external portion of exterior siding.
- (sewing) Fabric applied to a garment edge on the underside.
- (metalworking) A powdered substance, such as charcoal or bituminous coal, applied to the face of a mould, or mixed with the sand that forms it, to give a fine smooth surface to the casting.
- (military, in the plural) The collar and cuffs of a military coat, commonly of a different colour from the rest of the coat.
- (military, usually in the plural) The movement of soldiers by turning on their heels to the right, left, or about.
The most external portion of exterior siding
- “facing”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–2022.