financial (not comparable)
- Related to finances.
- For financial reasons, we're not going to be able to continue to fund this program.
- 2013 June 22, “Engineers of a different kind”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8841, page 70:
- Private-equity nabobs bristle at being dubbed mere financiers. […] Much of their pleading is public-relations bluster. Clever financial ploys are what have made billionaires of the industry’s veterans. “Operational improvement” in a portfolio company has often meant little more than promising colossal bonuses to sitting chief executives if they meet ambitious growth targets. That model is still prevalent today.
- 2019 January 18, Charles Hugh Smith, The West's Descent into 'Cultural Revolution':
- A Cultural Revolution is a movement designed to preserve the political and financial power of a ruling elite by social rather than political or financial means.
- Having dues and fees paid up to date for a club or society.
- Jerry is a financial member of the club.