- third-person plural present indicative form of flotar
- To move in or around water; to float or swim:
- To float; to stay buoyant on the surface of a liquid.
- To move or propel oneself in or on the water; to swim.
- To move on a vessel or raft across water; to be conveyed over a liquid.
- (rare) To stream or flow; to move smoothly as a liquid or fluid.
- (rare) To waft; to be propelled by air (of a scent)
- (rare) To go or travel, especially with great speed.
Conjugation of floten (weak in -ed)
1Sometimes used as a formal 2nd-person singular.
- “flōten, -ien, v.”, in MED Online, Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan, 2007, retrieved 2018-10-05.