- A genre of electronic dance music with influences from synthpop, trance, and EBM.
- 2007, Raven Digitalis, Goth Craft: The Magickal Side of Dark Culture, page 37:
- Modern industrial music subgenres and fusion-genres include EBM, futurepop, power-noise, aggrotech (terror-EBM), coldwave, elektro, dark-electro, and industrial-metal. Yes, it can be quite confusing.
- 2013, S. Alexander Reed, Assimilate: A Critical History of Industrial Music, page 296:
- Despite—or more likely, because of—futurepop's sudden and visible popularity within the global industrial scene, it was subject to harsh criticism in the early and mid-2000s.
- 2014, Nicolae Sfetcu, The Music Sound
- Music festivals that feature futurepop bands include Infest, Wave Gotik Treffen and M'era Luna.
- 2015, Isabella van Elferen, Jeffrey Andrew Weinstock, Goth Music: From Sound to Subculture
- […] a substantial offering of futurepop (e.g., Covenant, Wolfsheim, VNV Nation, Apoptygma Bezerk), a smattering of aggrotech (e.g. Suicide Commando, Combichrist), and a number of other subgenres.