See also: genderneutral
- Applicable or available to all genders.
- The women's sleeping quarters are on the left side of the dormitory, the men's are on the right; gender-neutral restrooms are located in the middle.
- Many modern laws use gender-neutral constructions like "they" in place of the old, supposedly unmarked "he".
- Not indicating or restricted by gender, and thus applicable or available to those of any gender and to those of no gender.
- Gender-neutral pronouns like "ey" and "ze" are used by many genderqueer, intersex, and neutrois individuals.
- (grammar) In languages where words are assigned to one gender or another, lacking such an assignment.
- (not indicating gender, applicable to those or any or no gender): gender-inclusive, genderless, ungendered, unisex, non-gendered
- (grammar: lacking gender assignment): epicene
applicable to all genders
applicable to those of any or no gender