- Such as one may avail oneself of; capable of being used for the accomplishment of a purpose.
- We have an available candidate.
- Readily obtainable.
- The list shows the available products in the store.
- (law) Valid.
- This is an available plea.
- (archaic) Having sufficient power, force, or efficacy to achieve the purpose; availing, effective.
- 1897, Henry Banroft, Proceedings - Institution of Mechanical Engineers, canal Boat Propulsion:
- The different navigations she had to pass through for this purpose were such that only an independent method of propulsion would be available.
- Free to meet someone, speak on the telephone, enter a romantic relationship, or the like.
- I have a question for you when you're available.
- Hi, this is Mark Smith calling. Is your mother available?
- I asked her if she was available, but she said she had a boyfriend.
- (such as can be availed of): usable, profitable, advantageous; vacant (of a location)
- (legally valid): effectual, valid
- (such as can be availed of): unavailable
capable of being used
having sufficient power or efficacy
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.