From genetic + -ally or genetical + -ly.
genetically (comparative more genetically, superlative most genetically)
- In terms of origin or development.
- 1999, Joyce Crick, translating Sigmund Freud, The Interpretation of Dreams, I.b:
- Hildebrandt is certainly right in maintaining that all dream-images could be explained genetically, if we spent sufficient time and concentration on tracing their origin.
- In a manner relating to genes or genetics.
- Genetically modified crops.
- John Smith is genetically related to Jane Doe.
- (linguistics) By being members of the same linguistic family.
- German and Danish are genetically related.