- Marked by hate; displaying or expressing hatred; hateful
- 2000, Tom Holland, Deliver Us from Evil:
- The floods are drained away, and there is nothing left to me but a parched dullness, more hatesome than ever for my dread of it is eternal.
- 2009, Liz Curtis Higgs, Grace in Thine Eyes:
- Davina did a hatesome thing: She turned and flung her braid over her shoulder, swatting Nan Shaw in the face.
- 2014, Tyffani Clark Kemp, Hunted:
- "Yeah, Mama. It's me. It's Leaky." One of the orderlies snickered and I shrugged with a wry smile. Another hatesome nickname I'd never get away from.