- Evoking a feeling of hatred.
- 1682, Thomas Otway, Venice Preserv’d, or, A Plot Discover’d. A Tragedy. […], London: Printed for Jos[eph] Hindmarsh […], OCLC 664400715, Act I, scene i, pages 3–4:
- Home I would go, / But that my Dores are hatefull to my eyes. / Fill'd and damm'd up with gaping Creditors, / Watchful as Fowlers when their Game will spring; [...]
- Full of hatred.
full of hate
- Disliked, malign, evil, revolting.
- (rare, Late Middle English) Hateful, angry, ireful, raging.
- English: hateful