- The property of a person of having high ideals that are usually unrealizable or at odds with practical life.
- (philosophy) An approach to philosophical enquiry which asserts that direct and immediate knowledge can only be had of ideas or mental pictures.
- (philosophy): philosophical idealism
- (philosophy): materialism
- epistemological idealism
- metaphysical idealism
property of a person of having high ideals that are usually unrealizable
an approach to philosophical enquiry
- idealism in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- idealism in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
Read in another language
This page is available in 18 languages