in fretta e furia
Literally, "in hurry and fury."
- hurriedly, in a rush, very quickly
- 2012, John Green, Giorgia Grilli, transl., Colpa delle Stelle [The Fault in our Stars], Mondadori, page 170:
- Quando sono arrivata a casa, la mamma e il papà erano al tavolo del salotto, ognuno col suo computer, e quando sono entrata la mamma ha chiuso il suo in fretta e furia.
- When I got home, Mom and Dad were at the dining room table on their separate laptops, and the moment I walked in the door, Mom slammed her laptop shut.
- (literally, “When I got home, Mom and Dad were at the dining room table, each one on their computer, and when I entered, Mom closed hers hurriedly.”)