- A species descriptor, for species described from samples from the Indian Subcontinent.
- indianensis (New World)
indica (plural indicas)
- Any of the indica subspecies of the rice Oryza sativa, which (unlike the japonica or sinica subspecies) are non-sticky and long-grained.
- 1986, Rice Genetics: Proceedings of the International Rice Genetics Symposium, 27-31 May 1985, International Rice Research Institute:
- The isograms were typical of differences between two subspecies but also of those between different lines of japonicas or indicas.
- Marijuana of the species Cannabis indica.
- 2008, J. C. Stitch, Marijuana Garden Saver: Handbook for Healthy Plants:
- Most commonly grown strains of cannabis are sativa, indica, or a hybrid of the two. Sativas have long skinny leaves; indicas have short, fat, stubby leaves.
- third-person singular present indicative form of indicar
- second-person singular imperative form of indicar
See the etymology of the main entry.
- inflection of :