- probably from langer + -ed; possibly from languor (either via langer or separately)
langered (comparative more langered, superlative most langered)
- (slang, Ireland) extremely drunk or angry
- "He was at that awkward stage where oblivion was still three or four drinks away; he was definitely pissed, but not quite langered enough not to care."
- "Goes out for a few jars. Meets three young Irish Army fellaas on leave from the Lebanon. Gets langered. Wakes up in their flat next morning, in nothing but her knickers, awful hangover."
- Originally and mainly restricted to County Cork <small>Anecdotal evidence supports this: In the late 1960s while visiting in County Cork, some friends and I accidently let a bull out of his coral. Later that day I heard from one of the friends (a local) that the farmer sure was "langered" about his bull's escape.</small>