- probably from langer + -ed; possibly from languor (either via langer or separately)
langered (comparative more langered, superlative most langered)
- (slang, Ireland) extremely drunk
- "He was at that awkward stage where oblivion was still three or four drinks away; he was definitely pissed, but not quite langered enough not to care."
- "Goes out for a few jars. Meets three young Irish Army fellaas on leave from the Lebanon. Gets langered. Wakes up in their flat next morning, in nothing but her knickers, awful hangover."
- ^ David Cowzer A Matter of Life and Death (2006) [ISBN 0954050835] p.26
- ^ Sydney Bernard Smith Sauce for the Gander (2007) [ISBN 1903105374] p.73