- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌlɛmənˈeɪd/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈlɛmənˌeɪd/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Rhymes: -eɪd
- (US, Canada) A flavoured beverage consisting of water, lemon, and sweetener, sometimes ice, served mainly as a refreshment.
- (Britain, Australia, New Zealand) A clear, usually carbonated, beverage made from lemon or artificial lemon flavouring, water, and sugar.
In locations where the meaning as a carbonated beverage is common, the still beverage is often called "homemade lemonade" or "old-fashioned lemonade". The terms "lemon(-flavored) drink" and "lemon(-flavored) beverage" generally denote any lemon-flavored drink.
- (carbonated drink): carbonated lemonade, sparkling lemonade, fizzy lemonade, lemon soda, lemonade soda