See also: letter box
letterbox (not comparable)
- (film) Transferred to home video formats while preserving the original aspect ratio, having black bars above and below the picture area.
transferred to home video formats
letterbox (plural letterboxes)
- A collection point for mail intended for onward delivery, a secure box or receptacle for this purpose.
- A delivery point for mail, a box, compartment or slot for this purpose.
- A hidden container that holds a logbook and rubber stamp which is found by following clues.
- (collection and delivery point): mailbox
- (collection point): post box
- (collection point): (Britain) pillar box
- (delivery point): (US) mail slot
collection point for mail
delivery point for mail
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- (collection): Post box on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Post box
- (delivery point): Letter box on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Letter box
- (film) To transfer a widescreen motion picture to home video formats while preserving the original aspect ratio, with the placing of black bars above and below the picture area.
- To hunt for letterboxes (containers with logbook and rubber stamp) by following clues.