From an advertising slogan for Jubbly, an orange-flavoured soft drink. The actual slogan was Lubbly Jubbly, but became Lovely Jubbly when popularised by the BBC television comedy Only Fools and Horses.
- (Britain, colloquial) Lovely; great, fantastic.
- 2000, Anna Maxted, Getting Over It:
- "Yeah?" says Adam, who doubtless expected me to put up a fight. "Lovely jubbly! It's a date!" "No, it isn't," I say.
- 2000, Roger Granelli, Status Zero:
- "Fucking lovely jubbly this, innit?" Duane said.
- 2004, Beatrice Hollyer, Jamie Oliver, Let's Eat: What Children Eat Around the World
- Press gently all the way around to seal the edges and keep the chocolate in. Bake for 10 minutes and eat hot or cold. Easy peasy, lovely jubbly!