mentalité (plural mentalités)
- A person's feelings about the wider society and world they live in, and their place within it; a worldview, outlook.
- 2002, Colin Jones, The Great Nation, Penguin, published 2003, page 67:
- Yet changing a traditional economic mentalité was an uphill task and, significantly, Law never fully disenchanted even his most intimate supporters (and maybe even himself) with customary forms of wealth [...].
- 2012, Frank McLynn, “What's Your Take?”, in Literary Review, section 404:
- David Thomson's objectives in this big, ambitious book are nothing short of Promethean, for he aims to deliver both a comprehensive history of the movies and a Marshall McLuhan-style examination of the mentalités produced by watching films and television.
mentalité f (plural mentalités)
- → Turkish: mantalite