worldview (plural worldviews)
- One's personal view of the world and how one interprets it.
- The totality of one's beliefs about reality.
- A general philosophy or view of life.
- 1986, Piotr Buczkowski; Andrzej Klawiter, editors, Theories of Ideology and Ideology of Theories, Rodopi, →ISBN, ISSN 0303-8157, page 57:
- The Enlightment worldview, which considered the order of "Nature" as a basis and, at the same time, the subject of explorations of scientific natural sciences, has, at the same time, considered this order as a criterion of the artistically-aesthetic qualities of art. From an "ideological" point of view, it liberated art from its feudal religious and courtly servitude.
- The Elizabethan worldview differs from a modern worldview.
personal view of the world
totality of one's beliefs about reality
general philosophy or view of life