- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌmɒn.əˈkləʊ.nəl/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌmɑn.əˈkloʊ.nəl/
- Rhymes: -əʊnəl
- Hyphenation: mon‧o‧clo‧nal
monoclonal (not comparable)
- (biochemistry) genetically engineered from a single clone; used especially of a protein or antibody
- 2002, Gilbert S. Banker & Christopher T. Rhodes, Modern Pharmaceutics, 4th edition, Informa Health Care, →ISBN, page 699:
- One of the first examples of the immunogenicity of recombinantly derived antibodies was with murine anti-CD3 monoclonal antibody (OKT3) used in the induction of immunosupression after organ transplantation.
monoclonal (plural monoclonals)
- “monoclonal” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).