See also: móyá
- (obsolete) Flowing mud associated with a volcanic eruption (especially in South America), formed when snow or a lake near a volcano is disrupted, or when rain or steam mixes with soil or ash during an eruption. [1800s until the 1930s]
- mud lava, volcanic mud
- moya in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- moya in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1914
- Cornelis L. Voorhoeve, Languages of Irian Jaya Checklist (1975, Canberra: Pacific Linguistics)