From 6th-century Latin multiplicativus, from Classical Latin multiplicāre (“to multiply”).
multiplicative (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to multiplication.
- (mathematics, of a function, etc.) Distributive over multiplication.
- Matrix determinants are multiplicative; if and are square matrices of the same size, then .
- (algebra) Having multiplication as an operator.
of or pertaining to multiplication
distributive over multiplication
having multiplication as an operator
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
multiplicative (countable and uncountable, plural multiplicatives)