- A unisex fashion trend characterized by unpretentious, average-looking clothing.
- 2014, Harper Lin, Croissant Murder (Patisserie Mystery Series), →ISBN:
- Clémence would say that his style was normcore before normcore became a thing. She had to admit that she still found him attractive.
- 2014 April 7, Simon Doonan, “Beware of Normcore”, in Slate:
- Normcore is gray sweatpants pretending to be trousers. Normcore is a seen-better-days faun-colored golf knit. Normcore is an unlogo’d sneaker. Normcore is the opposite of wearing a pair of white patent-leather bejeweled Versace assless chaps. Normcore is oblivious to Givenchy shaved-beaver man purses. Normcore knows nothing of fluorescent-studded Louboutin sneakers.
- 2015, Felicia Day, You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost): A Memoir, Simon and Schuster, →ISBN:
- Another part of her gift is that she's damn funny. Even if she'd come from the heart of normcore, her tale would be worth telling and well told. But she was raised in Crazytown, and the more foreign her territory, the more delightful—and somehow more relatable—her tale becomes.
normcore m (plural normcores)