- (British spelling) Alternative form of
- 1944 November and December, A Former Pupil, “Some Memories of Crewe Works—II”, in Railway Magazine, page 343:
- So after learning a great deal about iron founding and much more about pike fishing, one regretfully took leave of a shop full of kindly characters and proceeded to a worse lot of odours in the brass foundry.
odour (plural odours)
- A smell or scent; a nasal sensation (often intrinsic):
- A pleasant or appealing smell or scent.
- The scent of living matter or substances.
- (figuratively) A sensation or quality; the feeling produced by something.
- (rare) The power of discerning scents.