Borrowed from Ancient Greek παιδεραστία (paiderastía, “love of boys”), from παιδεραστής (paiderastḗs, “pederast”), from παῖς (paîs, “child, son, boy”) + ἐραστής (erastḗs, “lover”), from ἔραμαι (éramai, “to lοve”).
- Erotic love, sexually expressed or chaste, between a man and an adolescent boy.
- Antonym: korephilia (erotic love between a woman and a girl)
- (archaic) Anal intercourse in general, usually between a man and an adolescent boy.
- Originally referred to formal practices mandated by Greek customs and laws. Often used in a modern sense for either lawful or transgressive inter-generational love relationships.
- Often used colloquially to describe sexual abuse that is perpetrated by adults on pre-pubescent boys (see pedophilia).
- boylove (euphemistic)
archaic: homosexual anal sex — see sodomy