Audio (AU) (file)
- (chiefly computing slang) Capable of or characterized by an adequate or excellent level of performance or efficiency.
- 1977, J. Rose & C. Bilciu, editors, Modern trends in cybernetics and systems, page 735:
- The program ALGOLOG is highly performant: it generated 259 linear subproblems, instead of 223.
- 2003, Rod Johnson, Expert One-on-One J2EE Design and Development, page 5:
- There are strong arguments that some features of J2EE, such as entity beans, can never be as performant in many situations as some alternatives.
- Yahoo uses YUI in their products, and as a result it is highly performant and well-tested.
- […] we can run a plethora of tools against our code to check its quality in advance, there really is no substitute for running that code within a web browser to ensure not only that it runs correctly but also that it is performant and memory-efficient.
- Of or relating to performance.
- 1990, Jean Alter, A Sociosemiotic Theory of Theatre, page 61:
- As a rule, however, the performant function, when it is supported by truly impressive circus performances, tends to monopolize the audience's attention.
performant (plural performants)
- Someone who performs something, such as a ritual.
- Synonym: performer
- 1979, Krishan Kumar, The Pailibos, page 169:
- If a performant happens to be on unfriendly terms with any one in the village, the performant does everything to get him reconciled long before the preparation is taken in hand.