See also: pitstop
- (motor racing) A stop made during an automobile race at the pit to refuel and perform other periodic maintenance on the vehicle.
- 2012 May 13, Andrew Benson, “Williams's Pastor Maldonado takes landmark Spanish Grand Prix win”, in BBC Sport:
- Alonso and Ferrari may well privately regret the decision to delay their second pit stop until two laps after Maldonado made his on the 24th of 66 laps.
- A brief stop for fuel, rest and/or refreshment during an automobile journey.
- A stop during any pedestrian or automobile travel for any utilitarian personal purpose, especially use of a bathroom.
- A place that offers food, beverages, and other goods and services for those stopping on an automobile journey.
- A utilitarian stop on a figurative journey.
stop made during an automobile race at the pit to refuel
brief stop for fuel, rest and/or refreshment during an automobile journey
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.