- To divide an image into pixels, or to display an image in pixels.
- 2009 August 19, Andreas Kokkino, “Best in Show”, in New York Times:
- In a fittingly modern use of mosaic tile, Tord Boontje pixelates his signature floral designs in a new collection of storage furniture for Bisazza Home.
- To transform an image into large pixels in order to hide an identity.
- Be careful not to confuse the simple past and past participle, pixelated, with the completely unrelated term pixilated.
divide an image into pixels