See also: popout
- (intransitive) To leave a room or building with the expectation of returning soon.
- (computing, intransitive) To appear on the screen as a temporary window or menu.
- 2005, Rickford Grant, Linux Made Easy: The Official Guide to Xandros 3 for Everyday Users, San Francisco: No Starch Press, →ISBN, page 182:
- In the menu that then pops out, select the number of degrees you want to rotate the image (90° if the image is lying on its left side, 180° if the image is upside down, or 270° if the image is lying on its right side).
- (baseball, softball) To be retired after three strikes, including a popouts (pop fly) on the third strike.