A variant of puppet.
poppet (plural poppets)
- (informal, term of endearment) An endearingly sweet or beautiful child.
- (informal, term of endearment) A young woman or girl.
- Come 'ere, poppet!
- The stem and valve head in a poppet valve.
- A doll (such as a voodoo doll) made in witchcraft to represent a person, used in casting spells on that person.
- (nautical) One of certain upright timbers on the bilge ways, used to support a vessel in launching.
- 1960, Submarine Torpedo Tubes:
- After passing through the poppet valve, the impulse air and water flows through a poppet discharge stop valve and then through a discharge pipe to the poppet drain tank or bilge
- (engineering) An upright support or guide fastened at the bottom only.