- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈpɹɑ.pɚ.li/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpɹɒ.pə.li/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: prop‧er‧ly
- in a proper manner
- 2011 December 16, Denis Campbell, “Hospital staff 'lack skills to cope with dementia patients'”, in Guardian:
- Hospitals are failing to care properly for the growing number of people with dementia, according to an NHS-funded report, which has prompted demands for big improvements to help patients.
- (obsolete) individually; in one's own manner
- Now herkenyth how I bar me properly. — Chaucer.
in a proper manner