propreantepenultimate (not comparable)
- (rare) The last syllable but four (of a word or other utterance).
- The word minimalism is stressed on its propreantepenultimate syllable.
- 1825, Samuel Oliver, A General, Critical Grammar of the Inglish Language, pages
- ⁽¹⁾ In its minute divisions, accent is ultimate, penultimate, antepenultimate, preantepenultimate, propreantepenultimate.
- ⁽²⁾ The propreantepenultimate accent is the accent on the last syllable but four.
Coordinate terms edit
- (adjectives denoting syllables): ultimate (last), penultimate (last but one), antepenultimate (last but two), preantepenultimate (last but three)