- (General American) IPA(key): /ɹiˈæktɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɹiːˈæktə/
- Rhymes: -æktə(ɹ)
- Homophone: reacter
reactor (plural reactors)
- A person who responds to a suggestion, stimulation or other influence.
- (industrial) A structure used to contain chemical or other reactions.
- (nuclear physics) A device which uses atomic energy to produce heat.
- (chemistry) A chemical substance which responds to the presence or contact with another substance.
a person who behaves in response to a suggestion, stimulation or some other influence
a device which uses atomic energy to produce heat
a chemical substance which responds to the presence or contact with another substance
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
reactor m (plural reactores)
- Alternative spelling of (superseded in Brazil by the 1943 spelling reform, and by the Orthographic Agreement of 1990 elsewhere. Still used in countries where the agreement hasn’t come into effect, and as an alternative spelling in Portugal, where the agreement came into effect in May 2009.)