re- + distribute
- enPR: rē-dĭ-strĭbʹyo͞ot, IPA(key): /ˌɹɪːdɪˈstɹɪbjuːt/
- Hyphenation: re‧dis‧trib‧ute
redistribute (third-person singular simple present redistributes, present participle redistributing, simple past and past participle redistributed)
- (transitive) To distribute again.
- 1953, Samuel Beckett, Watt
- And so new friendships were formed, and new enmities, and old friendships preserved, and old enmities. And all was agreement and disagreement and amity and enmity, as before, only redistributed.