See also: sea-weed
Audio (UK) (file)
- Any of numerous marine plants and algae, such as a kelp.
- (by extension) Any of various fresh water plants and algae.
- 1995, Dan McCosh, “Aliens among us”, in Popular Science, page 94:
- With light penetrating to the lake bottom, beds of seaweed flourished where little had grown before.
marine plants and algae
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.