Audio (US) (file)
snit (plural snits)
- A temper; a lack of patience; a bad mood.
- He's in a snit because he got passed over for promotion.
- A U.S. unit of volume for liquor equal to 2 jiggers, 3 U.S. fluid ounces, or 88.7 milliliters.
- (US, dialect) A beer chaser commonly served in three-ounce servings in highball or juice glasses with a Bloody Mary cocktail in the upper midwest states of United States including Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, and Illinois.
- The bartender served us each a snit with our Bloody Marys this morning.