spell it out
spell it out (third-person singular simple present spells it out, present participle spelling it out, simple past and past participle spelled it out or (mostly UK) spelt it out)
- (intransitive) To provide a simple and understandable explanation.
- I'm sorry but I can't spell it out for you, because the whole issue is not that simple.
- (intransitive) To be explicit, to provide even the obvious details.
- Let me spell it out for you: you are not welcome here.
- This marriage is over, do I have to spell it out?
- (provide explanation): explain, explicate
- (be explicit): rub it in
- spell things out