- spot-check is another common spelling for the verb, somewhat less commonly used for the noun.
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) A cursory inspection or examination or the inspection or examination of a sample of something.
- They do not measure each one, but they do a spot check on a few parts before shipping.
a cursory inspection or examination or the inspection or examination of a sample of something
- (idiomatic) To inspect or examine briefly, or by sampling.
- They spot check the rooms periodically for problems.